(1) Used as deoxidizer and alloying agent in steelmaking industry. In order to obtain steel with qualified chemical composition and ensure the quality of steel, deoxidation must be carried out in the final stage of steelmaking. The chemical affinity between silicon and oxygen is very large, so ferrosilicon is a strong deoxidizer for steelmaking for precipitation and diffusion. deoxidation. Adding a certain amount of silicon to steel can significantly improve the strength, hardness and elasticity of steel. Therefore, it is used in smelting structural steel (silicon content 0.40-1.75%), tool steel (containing SiO.30-1.8%), spring steel ( Containing SiO (40-2.8%) and transformer silicon steel (containing 2.81-4.8% silicon), ferrosilicon is also used as an alloying agent.
In addition, in the steelmaking industry, the use of ferrosilicon powder can emit a lot of heat at high temperatures, and it is often used as a heating agent for steel ingot caps to improve the quality and recovery rate of steel ingots.
(2) Used as an inoculant and spheroidizing agent in the cast iron industry. Cast iron is an important metal material in modern industry. It is cheaper than steel, easy to melt and smelt, has excellent casting performance and much better seismic resistance than steel. Especially for ductile iron, its mechanical properties reach or approach that of steel. Adding a certain amount of ferrosilicon to cast iron can prevent the formation of carbides in the iron and promote the precipitation and spheroidization of graphite. Therefore, in the production of nodular cast iron, ferrosilicon is an important inoculant (helping to precipitate graphite) and spheroidizing agent .
(3) Used as a reducing agent in the production of ferroalloys. Not only the chemical affinity between silicon and oxygen is great, but also the carbon content of high-silicon ferrosilicon is very low. Therefore, high-silicon ferrosilicon (or silicon alloy) is a commonly used reducing agent in the production of low-carbon iron alloys in the ferroalloy industry.
(4) 75# ferrosilicon is commonly used in the high-temperature smelting process of magnesium metal in the Pidgeon method of magnesium smelting. The magnesium in CaO.MgO is replaced, and each ton of metal magnesium will consume about 1.2 tons of ferrosilicon. It plays a great role in the production of magnesium metal.
(5) Uses in other areas. The ground or atomized ferrosilicon powder can be used as the suspended phase in the mineral processing industry. It can be used as coating for welding rod in welding rod manufacturing. High-silicon ferrosilicon can be used to make silicone and other products in the chemical industry.
Among these applications, the steelmaking industry, foundry industry and ferroalloy industry are the largest users of ferrosilicon. They consume more than 90% of ferrosilicon. Among various grades of ferrosilicon, the most widely used is 75% ferrosilicon. In the steelmaking industry, about 3-5kg of 75% ferrosilicon is consumed per ton of steel produced. Ferrosilicon grades and chemical composition
Ferrosilicon is widely used in steel industry, foundry industry and other industrial production.
Ferrosilicon is an essential deoxidizer in the steelmaking industry. In steelmaking, ferrosilicon is used for precipitation deoxidation and diffusion deoxidation. Brick iron is also used as an alloying agent in steelmaking. Adding a certain amount of silicon to the steel can significantly improve the strength, hardness and elasticity of the steel, increase the magnetic permeability of the steel, and reduce the hysteresis loss of the transformer steel. Normal steel contains 0.15%-0.35% silicon, structural steel contains 0.40%~1.75% silicon, tool steel contains 0.30%~1.80% silicon, spring steel contains 0.40%~2.80% silicon, and stainless acid-resistant steel contains Silicon is 3.40% to 4.00%, heat-resistant steel contains 1.00% to 3.00% silicon, and silicon steel contains 2% to 3% or more silicon.
High-silicon ferrosilicon or siliceous alloys are used as reducing agents in the production of low-carbon iron alloys in the ferroalloy industry. Ferrosilicon can be used as an inoculant for nodular cast iron when added to cast iron, and can prevent carbide formation, promote precipitation and spheroidization of graphite, and improve cast iron properties.
In addition, ferrosilicon powder can be used as a suspension phase in the beneficiation industry and used as a coating for welding rods in the welding rod manufacturing industry; high-silicon ferrosilicon can be used to prepare pure semiconductor silicon in the electrical industry, and can be used to make silicone in the chemical industry.
In the steelmaking industry, about 3 to 5 kg of 75% ferrosilicon is consumed for each ton of steel produced.
Melting point: 75SiFe is 1300℃
Contact Person: Ms. Juliet Zhu